Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adapted Spring English Pea, Potato and Rice Soup

Share it Please
*ingredients*
*p.s. I'm having a weird problem with my font... as you can see!*
*peel your potatoes*
*The finished product*
And the recipe:

Makes enough for 4 people

2 Tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I used a tsp of mashed garlic from the pot!)
7-8 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced (I used two big normal potatoes)
2 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 qt water (enough to cover and a bit more)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen english peas (I used shop peas)
2 Tbs arborio or bomba rice (or sushi rice)
1 tsp salt
3 eggs, soft boil (optional)



Recipe written by me:

Wash your hands

2. Prepare your ingredients – chop the potatoes (two) and your onion (one).

3. Put your olive oil and garlic into a large pot, (be careful, it may spit) on medium heat.

4. Add your onions and cook until it has turned translucent.

5. Add your potatoes in, but make sure they are separated. If they stay in clumps, you may end up with the bottom slice overcooked and the top slice still raw. Cook them until you feel like the potatoes are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Make sure they don’t become brown!

6. Now add your 900mL of water into your pot that contains your potatoes, onion, garlic and oil.

7. At the same time, add your salt, 2tbs of sushi rice and peas.

8. Let is simmer for a while... perhaps 20 minutes, or until your potatoes have become nice and floppy thins.

9. Make sure the taste is good, if it isn’t enough salt then add a bit more, I added a teaspoon of chicken stock at the end to make is more flavoursome, and I also served it with a boiled egg. Adapt it in any way you want to (i.e. put noodles in instead of rice, add some curry powder or paste, add some garam masala, toast on the side, croutons etc.)!

The original recipe was found here, however I have adapted it to my liking!

No comments:

Blogger news

Letter Writers Alliance

About